Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Today is the first day. . .

So I'm retired, and it still feels a little funny to say that.  This is officially one month and one day of my retirement.  Immediately after my official last day, I would tell people I was retired and they would always say "When did you retire?" I got such a kick out of saying "Yesterday" and then "Day before yesterday."  But now I think I'm settling in.  I've turned in the keys, had the retirement party, took a little vacation and have started waking up in the morning and smiling because the day is mine, to do with what I will.  I haven't begun too many of the myriad of projects I intended, but I've realized a couple of things:  one,  I can clean my closet on a Tuesday and have lunch with a friend on a Wednesday without worrying that I won't be prepared for class the next day.  That's pretty cool.  Two, just living takes a lot of time.  So all the stuff I thought I'd accomplish every day hasn't happened yet,  but that's okay.   There's always tomorrow.

2 comments: